Biology Disciplinary Honors
Eighteen semester hours to consist of:
- 3 s.h. of HSS 490 Senior Honors Project
- 3–6 s.h. of BIO 493 Honors Work (only 6 hours may be counted toward the 30 s.h. minimum in the Biology major)
- One hour credit in any of the Department’s journal clubs
- Two 500-level Biology courses (for 6–8 s.h. credit)
- A third 500-level course in Biology or a Contract course in Biology at the 300 or 400 level.
- Oral presentation of Honors Thesis to a committee of three Biology Faculty or public presentation of research at a local, regional, or national meeting is required.
- A grade of B or higher in all course work used to satisfy the Honors requirements in Biology
- A declared Biology Major
- At least a 3.30 overall GPA at graduation
The designation “Completed Disciplinary Honors in Biology” and the title of the Senior Honors Project will be printed on the student’s official transcript.
See Dr. John Lepri, Honors Liaison, for further information and guidance about Honors in Biology.